Building an Employee Grassroots Program
A major change is taking place in the political landscape: companies are getting more active in elections and public policy. A growing body of research shows that people trust employers and top executives as a reliable source of information, and want to hear from them on national issues. Many companies are answering that call.
Building an Employee Grassroots Program explains the latest research and how companies like Caterpillar, EQT and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota are building successful civic engagement programs. The paper explores:
- Research from Harvard, Edelman and elsewhere
- How to build a basic corporate grassroots program around civic participation
- How elections can jumpstart that program
- How that program can build employee relationships and stronger advocacy
- How your corporate grassroots program can grow more sophisticated over time
This year’s election is an opportunity. As one report suggests, “don’t sit on the sidelines.” Download our white paper for research and ideas.