Last Revised: January 3, 2017
Attn: Brittiany Broadwater
1401 Wilson Blvd #100
Arlington, VA 22209
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13 through our Platform. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Platform and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail, phone number, mailing addresses, professional title, company name, password if there is an account creation process (“Account”), and any other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with geographically based information.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- We may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using the Services.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we may collect your location information to better provide you with information and content relating to the legislators and other key figures in your area. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- identify you as a user in our system.
- provide improved administration of our Services.
- provide the Services.
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services and any applicable Clients.
- send you a welcome text message or e-mail to verify ownership of the mobile phone number or e-mail address provided to Clients as part of the registration process.
- send you SMS messages, MMS messages, and/or e-mails from campaign sponsors if you opt in to such messages, and solely in accordance with the opt-in options that you selected. You will always have the right to opt out of such SMS messages, MMS messages, and/or emails from campaign sponsors, or any of your preferences related thereto.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with Clients that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website. A Client may want access to Personal Data that we collect from such Client’s customers. We may also sell or otherwise disclose Personal Data to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing goods or services we believe will be of interest to you.
AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A CLIENT. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE CLIENTS, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING [INSERT COMPANY E-MAIL ADDRESS]. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
- Security of Your Personal Data. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you’d like to learn more about Phone2Action’s digital grassroots advocacy platform, and how we can help you maximize engagement on your advocacy campaigns, please click the button below to schedule a demo.